What is ReturnBear?
Retail returns suck. We all hate packing, printing, and shipping unwanted items only to wait weeks for a refund. Retailers have it rough too. They have to figure out what has to be re-sold, refurbished, or recycled, and if they don’t figure it out fast enough, they might as well send everything to a landfill. Nobody wins.
This is why ReturnBear exists. We are Canada’s first end-to-end reverse logistics solution. Our nationwide drop-off network means immediate exchanges and returns with no re-packing. We sort and QA goods to get inventory back to merchants fast, giving retailers 20%+ savings and making consumers happier. We make returns easy for everyone and better for the planet.
Why Join Us?
- Redefine reverse logistics. We are pioneering how reverse logistics should be done and are backed by large players like Cadillac Fairview and the Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan. Join us to set the standard.
- Reduce carbon. As much as 30% of retail goods sold are returned. And when retailers can’t figure out how to make the process efficient, it becomes easier to just chuck items into landfill, create waste, and unnecessarily shipping goods across the country, adding to more emissions. By joining ReturnBear, you are not only solving a clear pain point, you’re also helping the environment.
- Wildly improve customer experiences. Returns and exchanges can be better. They can be simple. They can be fast. They can be cost-effective. Help us design a new solution standard where customers can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that their returns and exchanges can be handled instantly, while merchants get products back ready to resell faster than ever before.
We’re looking for a Senior/Lead Product Manager to help define and execute the roadmap for ReturnBear’s suite of reverse-logistics products and solutions. In this role, you’ll:
- Collect quantitative and qualitative feedback from our customers, sales, and internal team members in order to define the right problems to solve
- Contribute to defining product priorities based on ReturnBear’s strategy, user and market research, and data
- Build experiences for our Merchants, Consumers, Partners and our internal Operations team that makes returns simpler and better for everyone
- Define requirements and collaborate with Engineering, Design and Partners to translate complex user problems into simple, user-friendly solutions
- Together with the Head of Product, define/prioritize problems and set outcomes/goals for the team, and ensure key product metrics are achieved against ReturnBear’s objectives
- Lead by getting products and features shipped including customer-facing release communications, internal UAT testing, customer pilots, onboarding flows, and internal enablement
- Be a thought leader and share ideas through publications, case studies or any related product marketing initiatives to position the product value to the market
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software product management, ideally in B2B SaaS, Retail/CPG Tech or Logistics Technology working as a part of an agile product methodology alongside engineering and design teams
- You thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments, and can easily context-switch between writing merchant-facing user stories, interviewing customers, jumping on a partnership call, and whiteboarding user flows for a new consumer experience
- You like to keep a pulse on technology, industry, market and competitive landscape to inform your product prioritization
- You’re comfortable operating in a technical environment, making informed data decisions or sometimes lack thereof
- You understand the levers you have at your disposal to protect the project and deadlines
- You are willing and able to travel across North America on a regular basis
- Bonus if you have knowledge of Canadian retail, e-commerce, reverse logistics, supply chain, and related technology solutions
What we look for
- Ownership mentality. “It’s their problem, not mine” doesn’t have a place here. You own the problems and challenges that you see, and proactively work with your colleagues to turn them into opportunities. We’re in it together!
- Growth mindset. You learn from your mistakes and believe in human potential. It’s not that you can’t overcome the challenge you’re facing, it’s just that you haven’t overcome it yet. You appreciate the diverse thoughts and perspectives of your colleagues, partners and clients, and you are committed to actively listening and learning.
- Getting things done. You are keen to do great work, and ship things often. “Done is better than perfect” might be something you believe in, and while you always strive to deliver what is best for you and your team, you realize that sometimes you’ll have to circle back on it to iterate and make improvements.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguity. You embrace the agile nature of design and development, and you are equally comfortable pivoting your plan and process as you are establishing a workback schedule. Try as we might, things won’t always go as planned, and you always try to be ready to deal with that as it comes.
- Passion for the problems we’re solving. You understand how ecommerce and retail ecosystems are growing with emerging brands and solution providers, and you’re keen to make an impact not just on the lives of customers, but on the businesses of our merchant partners and on the environment as well. Together we can save merchants and their customers time and money, AND we can help keep returns out of landfills.
- Diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background, sexuality, physical abilities and ways of self-identification.
- Honing your craft, your way. We provide the opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We work collaboratively and flexibly, with opportunities to shape a hybrid working style suited to your needs.
We hope you’re as excited by ReturnBear as we are, and look forward to chatting!