What is ReturnBear?
Retail returns suck. We all hate packing, printing, and shipping unwanted items only to wait weeks for a refund. Retailers have it rough too. They have to figure out what has to be re-sold, refurbished, or recycled, and if they don’t figure it out fast enough, they might as well send everything to a landfill. Nobody wins.
This is why ReturnBear exists. We are Canada’s first end-to-end reverse logistics solution. Our nationwide drop-off network means immediate exchanges and returns with no re-packing. We sort and QA goods to get inventory back to merchants fast, giving retailers 20%+ savings and making consumers happier. We make returns easy for everyone and better for the planet.
Why Join Us?
- Redefine reverse logistics. We are pioneering how reverse logistics should be done in Canada, and are backed by large players like Cadillac Fairview and the Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan. Join us to set the standard.
- Reduce carbon. As much as 30% of retail goods sold are returned. And when retailers can’t figure out how to make the process efficient, it becomes easier to just chuck items, creating landfill and waste. By joining ReturnBear, you are not only solving a clear pain point, you’re also helping the environment.
We’re looking for various interns to join the ReturnBear team in the Fall of 2022. Roles include, but are not limited to:
- Product management
- Customer success
- Business and / or logistics operations
- Tech support
Most roles are remote with requirement for work during EST hours. For operations roles, preference will be given to candidates in the Greater Toronto Area willing to travel to downtown Toronto for in-office work at our logistics hub.
- Enrolment in current post secondary institution and / or completion of post-secondary degree and / or equivalent experience
- Previous practical work experience, be that your own projects or past internships
- You thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments, and enjoy taking on new challenges
- You’re comfortable operating in a technical environment and making decisions based on data
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a team
- Bonus if you have knowledge of Canadian retail, ecommerce, reverse logistics, supply chain, and related technology solutions
What We Look For
- Ownership mentality. “It’s their problem, not mine” doesn’t have a place here. You own the problems and challenges that you see, and proactively work with your colleagues to turn them into opportunities. We’re in it together!
- Growth mindset. You learn from your mistakes and believe in human potential. It’s not that you can’t overcome the challenge you’re facing, it’s just that you haven’t overcome it yet. You appreciate the diverse thoughts and perspectives of your colleagues, partners and clients, and you are committed to actively listening and learning.
- Getting things done. You are keen to do great work, and ship things often. “Done is better than perfect” might be something you believe in, and while you always strive to deliver what is best for you and your team, you realize that sometimes you’ll have to circle back on it to iterate and make improvements.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguity. You embrace the agile nature of design and development, and you are equally comfortable pivoting your plan and process as you are establishing a workback schedule. Try as we might, things won’t always go as planned, and you always try to be ready to deal with that as it comes.
- Passion for the problems we’re solving. You understand how ecommerce and retail ecosystems are growing with emerging brands and solution providers, and you’re keen to make an impact not just on the lives of customers, but on the businesses of our merchant partners and on the environment as well. Together we can save merchants and their customers time and money, AND we can help keep returns out of landfills.
- Diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background, sexuality, physical abilities and ways of self-identification.
- Honing your craft, your way. We provide the opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We work collaboratively and flexibly, with opportunities to shape a hybrid working style suited to your needs.
- All you can pop bubble wrap. The popit craze has nothing on good ol’ bubble wrap. Pop your way to zen, in true reverse logistics style.
We hope you’re as excited by ReturnBear as we are. If interested please apply with resume and cover note explaining what role(s) you're interested in, and how long of an internship you're looking for. We look forward to chatting!