Return Bear is seeking an exceptional, creative, and visionary Design Lead who will collaborate with our product and engineering teams to help build best-in-class user experience designs for our retail partners and end consumers.
As a Design Lead, you will:
- Lead design as part of a small and growing team where you’ll take ownership of and be accountable for the design function across UX, UI and brand.
- Learn the business and the human paints points it seeks to solve as this will ground your design strategy.
- Bring progressive design thinking to the team to help ensure incredible customer experiences across web, mobile and kiosk (for in-store).
- Translate user goals, problems, and behaviors into intuitive and creative interaction and design solutions.
- Create diagrams, wireframes, and mockups rapidly, and at the right level of fidelity to achieve our product goals.
- Identify, plan, and conduct evaluative user research as needed.
- Ensure design quality by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and team members.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Create original and compelling graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables).
You should have:
- A strong portfolio and experience that blends UX, UI and brand.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch or Illustrator.
- An approach that is nimble and responsive to business and user needs.
- 5+ years design experience in a successful software product team or product agency.
- Ability to apply your expertise to create consistent user experiences and visual designs on products for consumers and business users.
- Ability to work on your own without guidance.
- An understanding and curiosity about user and business goals to complement and explain your design decisions.
- Ability to effectively pick up nuances of user behaviour and extrapolate user trends from user data and user testing.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.