What is ReturnBear?
Retail returns suck. We all hate packing, printing, and shipping unwanted items only to wait weeks for a refund … And retailers have it rough too. They have to figure out what has to be re-sold, refurbished, or recycled, and if they don’t figure it out fast enough, they might as well send everything to a landfill. Nobody wins.
This is why ReturnBear exists. We are Canada’s first end-to-end reverse logistics solution. Our nationwide drop-off network means immediate exchanges and returns with no re-packing. We sort and QA goods to get inventory back to merchants fast, giving retailers 20%+ savings and making consumers happier. We make returns easy for everyone and better for the planet.
Why join us?
Join us to:
- Redefine reverse logistics. We are pioneering how reverse logistics should be done in Canada, and are backed by large players like Cadillac Fairview and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. Join us to set the standard.
- Reduce carbon. As much as 30% of retail goods sold are returned. And when retailers can’t figure out how to make the process efficient, it becomes easier to just chuck items, creating landfill and waste. By joining ReturnBear, you are not only solving a clear pain point, you’re also helping the environment.
- Wildly improve customer experiences. Returns and exchanges can be better. They can be simple. They can be fast. They can be cost-effective. Help us design a new solution standard where customers can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that their returns and exchanges can be handled instantly, while merchants get products back ready to resell faster than ever before.
About the Role
As a Field Operations Association, you will be ReturnBear’s on-the-ground representative as we scale our reverse logistics offering across Canada and the US. This is a key customer-facing role that will keep you busy with significant travel, a strong sense of independence, and new challenges to solve every day.
ReturnBear was started in Toronto, Canada, but we are building a solution that supports global brands. This means we’re prepared for hybrid work, and building a team with remote possibilities in mind. This role in particular will stay connected to the broader team while being on-the-ground, often in a different city every week. We encourage applicants from across North America.
What You’ll Do
- Launch new drop-off points, returns processing facilities, and other elements of our physical footprint and logistics services
- Provide timely and accurate operational support to customers ranging from emerging D2C retailers to enterprise merchants, including in-store implementation, training, troubleshooting
- Leverage agile thinking and problem-solving skills to ensure that ReturnBear’s operation partnerships maintain high quality and exceptional customer outcomes
- Provide reporting and status updates to the team on operations at drop-off points for continuous optimization of our processes
- Maintain documentation on operational procedures, ensuring consistent operations at our network of drop-off points and processing facilities
- Travel up to 75% of the time within Canada and the US
- 2+ years of experience in physical operations or logistics
- Strong communicator with experience in customer-facing roles
- Demonstrated bias for action and desire to create a world-class customer experience
- Unparalleled attention to detail, including executing detailed project plans, logging and reporting on operations, developing internal documentation, and adhere to ReturnBear’s ambitious customer service standards
- Scrappy and versatile problem solver, able to anticipate problems ahead of time and develop new solutions for unanticipated problems
- Comfortable setting up and troubleshooting basic technology and hardware, including tablets, printers, WiFi, and SIM cards (training will be provided)
- Bonus if you can speak French
ReturnBear seeks skills and attitude over brand names, and we strongly encourage those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
What We Look For
- Ownership mentality. “It’s their problem, not mine” doesn’t have a place here. You own the problems and challenges that you see, and proactively work with your colleagues to turn them into opportunities. We’re in it together!
- Growth mindset. You learn from your mistakes and believe in human potential. It’s not that you can’t overcome the challenge you’re facing, it’s just that you haven’t overcome it yet. You appreciate the diverse thoughts and perspectives of your colleagues, partners and clients, and you are committed to actively listening and learning.
- Getting things done. You are keen to do great work, and ship things often. “Done is better than perfect” might be something you believe in, and while you always strive to deliver what is best for you and your team, you realize that sometimes you’ll have to circle back on it to iterate and make improvements.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguity. You embrace the agile nature of design and development, and you are equally comfortable pivoting your plan and process as you are establishing a workback schedule. Try as we might, things won’t always go as planned, and you always try to be ready to deal with that as it comes.
- Passion for the problems we’re solving. You understand how ecommerce and retail ecosystems are growing with emerging brands and solution providers, and you’re keen to make an impact not just on the lives of customers, but on the businesses of our merchant partners and on the environment as well. Together we can save merchants and their customers time and money, AND we can help keep returns out of landfills.
- Diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background, sexuality, physical abilities and ways of self-identification.
- Honing your craft, your way. We provide the opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We work collaboratively and flexibly, with opportunities to shape a hybrid working style suited to your needs.
- All-you-can-pop bubble wrap. The popit craze has nothing on good ol’ bubble wrap. Pop your way to zen, in true reverse logistics style.
We hope you’re as excited by ReturnBear as we are, and look forward to chatting!