What is ReturnBear?
Retail returns suck. We all hate packing, printing, and shipping unwanted items only to wait weeks for a refund … And retailers have it rough too. They have to figure out what has to be re-sold, refurbished, or recycled, and if they don’t figure it out fast enough, they might as well send everything to a landfill. Nobody wins.
This is why ReturnBear exists. We are Canada’s first end-to-end reverse logistics solution. Our nationwide drop-off network means immediate exchanges and returns with no re-packing. We sort and QA goods to get inventory back to merchants fast, giving retailers 20%+ savings and making consumers happier. We make returns easy for everyone and better for the planet.
Why join us? Join us to:
- Redefine reverse logistics. We are pioneering how reverse logistics should be done in Canada, and are backed by large players like Cadillac Fairview and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. Join us to set the standard.
- Reduce carbon. As much as 30% of retail goods sold are returned. And when retailers can’t figure out how to make the process efficient, it becomes easier to just chuck items, creating landfill and waste. By joining ReturnBear, you are not only solving a clear pain point, you’re also helping the environment.
- Wildly improve customer experiences. Returns and exchanges can be better. They can be simple. They can be fast. They can be cost-effective. Help us design a new solution standard where customers can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that their returns and exchanges can be handled instantly, while merchants get products back ready to resell faster than ever before.
About the Role
As a Business Development Rep, you will play an integral role in the growth of ReturnBear - working to find new brands, technology and logistics providers to partner with in ways that will help scale the transformative reverse logistics solution we are building. Helping to onboard and transition the new brand partners you bring to ReturnBear to the product and onboarding teams, you’ll always wear a customer service hat, making sure that the experience of partnering with us is world class - empathetic to both the needs of the retailer, but also your colleagues. You will work through the full sales cycle from prospecting to close, collaborating with a variety of stakeholders along the way including the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams.
This is a critical role for business growth, as well as customer success. And at this early stage of our company development, you will have the opportunity to influence our process and objectives as we grow. As a customer-facing representative of ReturnBear you should always seek to deliver great service, think strategically about customer needs, and try to empathize with the pain points that your brand prospects are facing.
ReturnBear was started in Toronto, Canada, but we are building a solution that supports global brands. This means we’re prepared for hybrid work, and building a team with remote possibilities in mind. We encourage applicants from across North America.
What You’ll Do:
- Have accountability to revenue goals for selling our returns software and reverse logistics services.
- Develop your own voice and narrative for telling the ReturnBear story. You’ll also help to prepare and present demos and software walkthroughs, and will have many opportunities to refine your presentation skills.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of our category, competitive and comparable businesses, retail buyers and their pain points, trends in ecommerce, and of course our platform and the impact it has on the brands we serve.
- You’ll have monthly sales targets, which you’ll accomplish through a consultative approach - you should love researching prospective merchants and their products, thoroughly understanding their categories and objectives, and using that context to pitch real value to them.
- Establish your voice in the ecommerce category, creating content that can be shared across our channels in order to demonstrate your expertise and ours, and generate leads. Help plan marketing and content opportunities with the team so that we can develop more brand awareness.
- Think beyond the merchant target - ecosystem partnerships and community involvement will also be critical to our success, so you’ll think of creative partnerships to establish that will both strengthen the offering we bring to merchants, but also drive pipeline and value for our business.
- Maintain awareness and bring thoughtful oversight to customer onboarding and ongoing relationship management. This means ensuring that the onboarding team has your support, as does the client, as they begin to use our platform. Maintain and nurture relationships in order to build case studies, create thought leadership or co-branded content, and find new business opportunities through the successful relationships you nurture.
- Contribute to the refinement of our sales process, including accurately leveraging our sales tracking tools, keeping your information up to date and detailed, and exploring new ways that we can extract insights from our data over time.
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing sales or customer success role. Nice to have retail experience, or experience selling SaaS in the e-commerce space, but this is not a requirement.
- Previous quota-carrying experience is desirable, but if you’ve been dealing in customer success or consulting and achieved KPIs in other ways, then please feel free to share that with us.
- You’re excited about joining a high-growth team and are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeve to contribute to pipeline creation through prospecting or other business development initiatives.
- An understanding of typical sales processes and tooling, with confidence and ambition to manage leads of all sizes. We currently use Hubspot as a CRM, so if you’re familiar with it then perhaps you can help us use it better! :)
- You are willing to pivot and iterate with our team, and have experience context-shifting at a reasonably high pace. Perhaps you’re experienced in working in an agile software development organization or agency.
- Pragmatic ability to prioritize and organize your own work, but you are open and transparent and will ask for help when you need it.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, and demonstrated success selling collaboratively.
- You have a client-first mindset and strive to deliver the best possible experience at all touchpoints. You think solving problems and leaving a positive trail behind you is more important than ringing a bell every time you close a deal.
What We Look For
- Ownership mentality. “It’s their problem, not mine” doesn’t have a place here. You own the problems and challenges that you see, and proactively work with your colleagues to turn them into opportunities. We’re in it together!
- Growth mindset. You learn from your mistakes and believe in human potential. It’s not that you can’t overcome the challenge you’re facing, it’s just that you haven’t overcome it yet. You appreciate the diverse thoughts and perspectives of your colleagues, partners and clients, and you are committed to actively listening and learning.
- Getting things done. You are keen to do great work, and ship things often. “Done is better than perfect” might be something you believe in, and while you always strive to deliver what is best for you and your team, you realize that sometimes you’ll have to circle back on it to iterate and make improvements.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguity. You embrace the agile nature of design and development, and you are equally comfortable pivoting your plan and process as you are establishing a workback schedule. Try as we might, things won’t always go as planned, and you always try to be ready to deal with that as it comes.
- Passion for the problems we’re solving. You understand how ecommerce and retail ecosystems are growing with emerging brands and solution providers, and you’re keen to make an impact not just on the lives of customers, but on the businesses of our merchant partners and on the environment as well. Together we can save merchants and their customers time and money, AND we can help keep returns out of landfills.
- Diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background, sexuality, physical abilities and ways of self-identification.
- Honing your craft, your way. We provide the opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We work collaboratively and flexibly, with opportunities to shape a hybrid working style suited to your needs.
- All-you-can-pop bubble wrap. The popit craze has nothing on good ol’ bubble wrap. Pop your way to zen, in true reverse logistics style. ;)
We hope you’re as excited by ReturnBear as we are, and look forward to chatting!