What is ReturnBear?
Retail returns suck. We all hate packing, printing, and shipping unwanted items only to wait weeks for a refund … And retailers have it rough too. They have to figure out what has to be re-sold, refurbished, or recycled, and if they don’t figure it out fast enough, they might as well send everything to a landfill. Nobody wins.
This is why ReturnBear exists. We are Canada’s first end-to-end reverse logistics solution. Our nationwide drop-off network means immediate exchanges and returns with no re-packing. We sort and QA goods to get inventory back to merchants fast, giving retailers 50%+ savings and making consumers happier. We make returns easy for everyone and better for the planet.
Why Join Us?
Join us to:
- Redefine reverse logistics. We are pioneering how reverse logistics should be done in Canada, and are backed by large partners like Cadillac Fairview and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. Join us to set the standard.
- Reduce carbon. As much as 30% of retail goods sold are returned. And when retailers can’t figure out how to make the process efficient, it becomes easier to just chuck items, creating landfill and waste. By joining ReturnBear, you are not only solving a clear pain point, you’re also helping the environment.
- Wildly improve customer experiences. Returns and exchanges can be better. They can be simple. They can be fast. They can be cost-effective. Help us design a new solution standard where customers can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that their returns and exchanges can be handled instantly, while merchants get products back ready to resell faster than ever before.
We are looking for a Head of Sales to help us drive top-of-funnel growth through cold outbound, build repeatable playbooks for middle-of-funnel deal flow, and ultimately close more deals in a predictable way.
- Work as founding member of ReturnBear team to define sales operating model for our mixed SaaS + logistics offering
- Build strong revenue operations to drive repeatable and predictable sales performance
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of strategic sales cycles with direct-to-consumer brands
- Refine our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and Ideal Buyer Persona (IBP) through constant problem discovery with brands, create and experiment with strategic sales plans
- Create clear guidelines for an outbound strategy
- Create feedback loops with the marketing, product, and partnership teams to push out sales learnings and platform use cases into the wild
- Hire, manage, and develop sales team and motivate the team to achieve goals; coach the team on selling, shortening sales cycles, and creating best-in-class processes for scaling sales operations
- Grow pipeline and create a data-driven culture where we continue to update our understanding of Annual Contract Value, sales cycle, etc.
- Working in our tech stack including Customer Relationship Management(Hubspot) to track and analyze sales results
- Establish process alongside partnerships for channel sales and referrals
- Outline and manage sales budgets, provide detailed sales forecasting, and set quarterly and annual sales goals
- Monitor the returns, logistics, supply chain and ecommerce markets, as well as competitor products and activities, in order to maintain category understanding and leadership, and identify opportunities for differentiation, positioning and growth
- Review customer activity, anticipate customer needs and improve customer satisfaction
- You have 8+ years of combined experience as a leader or individual contributor at a high-performing sales organization. You've grown sales teams from 0-1 and know what it takes to develop a successful and performant culture.
- Experience selling e-commerce and / or logistics solutions, experience developing business and selling into the fashion, apparel and footwear categories would be an asset
- Experience selling into mid-market and enterprise accounts, and managing contracting and negotiations through complex sales cycles
- You’ve built sales as a function before, ideally as part of a seed or series A start-up
- You’ve built a sales pipeline around news Ideal Customer Profiles (ICPs) and Ideal Buyer Personas (IBPs) either as an account executive or sales leader
- You are a well-respected manager and coach and have created high retention and high performance teams
- You are data-driven and operationally focused on driving repeatability in sales approaches
- You have strong relationships that you can bring into ReturnBear and aren’t shy to tell the world about the great things that ReturnBear is building
- You are a team player who 1) prioritizes team over self and 2) understands that results require cross functional collaboration
- You are creative in your approach to sales, like to roll up your sleeves to get things done, and have a passion for the returns problem that ReturnBear is solving
What We Look For
- Ownership mentality. “It’s their problem, not mine” doesn’t have a place here. You own the problems and challenges that you see, and proactively work with your colleagues to turn them into opportunities. We’re in it together!
- Growth mindset. You learn from your mistakes and believe in human potential. It’s not that you can’t overcome the challenge you’re facing, it’s just that you haven’t overcome it yet. You appreciate the diverse thoughts and perspectives of your colleagues, partners and clients, and you are committed to actively listening and learning.
- Getting things done. You are keen to do great work, and ship things often. “Done is better than perfect” might be something you believe in, and while you always strive to deliver what is best for you and your team, you realize that sometimes you’ll have to circle back on it to iterate and make improvements.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguity. You embrace the agile nature of design and development, and you are equally comfortable pivoting your plan and process as you are establishing a workback schedule. Try as we might, things won’t always go as planned, and you always try to be ready to deal with that as it comes.
- Passion for the problems we’re solving. You understand how ecommerce and retail ecosystems are growing with emerging brands and solution providers, and you’re keen to make an impact not just on the lives of customers, but on the businesses of our merchant partners and on the environment as well. Together we can save merchants and their customers time and money, AND we can help keep returns out of landfills.
- Diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background, sexuality, physical abilities and ways of self-identification.
- Honing your craft, your way. We provide the opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We work collaboratively and flexibly, with opportunities to shape a hybrid working style suited to your needs.
We hope you’re as excited by ReturnBear as we are, and look forward to chatting!